With the development of technology, there is a continuous effort to expand and improve the packaging selection so that you have many eco-friendly solutions. The usage of environmentally friendly mailers is key to better packaging’s business operations.
Now is the time to make a move to eco friendly mailers. You won’t regret it at all! Recyclable and produced from recycled paper, eco-friendly envelopes are a green option for sending goods. Because they are reusable, you may use them repeatedly, which will help you save money in the long term. Using eco-friendly mailers, your company may spread its message without negatively impacting the environment.
With these benefits in mind, are you interested in eco friendly mailers? In this article, we’ll go through some of the biggest benefits of eco friendly mailers and offer 3 types of recycle mailers for your company.
Why business should use eco friendly mailers
Reduce the impact on the environment
Eco-friendly mailings may be reused or recycled once their intended use has been fulfilled. In other words, they are ready for recycling when they are delivered to your customers. Using eco-friendly shipping envelopes is one of the first things a company can do to reduce its environmental effect. You’re helping the planet become a better place by cutting down on harmful substances in the environment. You will also reduce your usage of harmful chemicals, then reduce the amount of carbon dioxide that you will emit.
Draw eco-consumer attention
The way a company handles the issue of climate change is of critical importance. The reputations of brands may be made or destroyed by it. Packaging and mailing materials made from recycled materials draw the attention of eco-conscious shoppers and draw positive associations with your company.
Numerous buyers claim that they would pay extra for ecologically friendly packaging. More and more people are becoming conscious of the need to protect the environment, and as a result, eco-friendly packaging is being seen as both practical and trendy. When businesses capitalize on a widespread phenomenon, they attract additional customers’ interest and spending.
Enhance your brand’s reputation
Promoting environmental sustainability as leadership may get points. It’s a good method to demonstrate to the general public that you’re willing to shoulder your share of environmental duty. Customers are more likely to give you their loyalty if they know they can rely on you to do the right thing.
Plus, in today’s hyper-connected society, word spreads rapidly. Leading sustainable business models attract more customers and hence generate more revenue. Showing concern for the environment demonstrates that your company is motivated by more than just financial gain. This seemingly little shift has the potential to spark far-reaching, beneficial transformation across many industries. Your company has the potential to leave an impression that might prompt other companies to follow suit. It’s a great strategy for promoting your brand and getting noticed.
3 types of eco friendly mailers you should try
1. Kraft mailers
Mailers constructed of kraft paper, a form of paper derived from wood pulp, are known as kraft packing. The robustness and durability of kraft mailers have made them a standard for mail-based delivery for many years. Besides, these mailers are widely used in the e-commerce industry since they provide a secure outer covering for the products being transported and can be quickly addressed and stamped.
Benefits of Kraft Mailers
Packing and shipping products in kraft mailers has many advantages like:
- Durability: Since they are sturdy, kraft poly mailers are a reliable packaging choice for sending goods. They can withstand being torn and punctured, protecting the goods throughout transit.
- Customization: Labels and stamps may be simply applied on Kraft mailers, letting businesses keep track of packages and make sure they get where they’re going on time. They are a great promotional tool since they can be personalized with branding or marketing messaging.
- Environmental friendliness: Because they can be remade from recycled materials, kraft mailers are a sustainable packaging option.
- Cost-effective: Due to their small weight, shipping expenses may be kept in check using kraft poly mailers. Companies who regularly send out lots of packages may benefit greatly from this.
2. Compostable poly mailers
Compostable paper poly mailers are produced using biodegradable materials, including 30% corn starch, 10% PLA (polylactic acid generated from corn waste and other plants), and 55-60% PBAT (a biodegradable copolymer), all of which disintegrate safely without leaving any hazardous residues. This implies that these bags are guaranteed to biodegrade in a home composting system within 180 days, after which they may be used as plant food. The compostable poly mailers have a limited lifespan of about nine months since it is manufactured from natural materials.
- Renewable resource-based
- Reusable adhesive strip
3. Biodegradable mailer bags
Biodegradable mailer bags typically use corn starch as their basic material and may decompose entirely within three to six months.
Benefits of biodegradable mailer bags:
- Corn starch-based, 100% biodegradable.
- Totally free of polyethylene and other nonbiodegradable polymers
- High capacity for carrying weight, solid construction, rugged durability, comfortable in the hand
- Water-resistance guaranteed.
- Finished decomposing in 90 to 180 days, will not impact water, and will not contaminate landfills.
Note: Compostable vs Biodegradable : the differences
The main difference between compostable and biodegradable materials is that the former must be placed in a specially designed composting environment in order to decompose, while the latter decomposes naturally. Composting is often a quicker procedure, but only under the appropriate conditions.
Creative eco friendly mailers designs
To prove that your company’s packaging is eco-friendly, you can consider the following ideas to design your mailers:
- Choose the brown color of the kraft paper
- Use green as the theme color
- Use the eco-symbol, logos, and labels such as the Mobius loop, leafy and grassy logos, labels with flowers or green trees, etc.
- Use text (for announcements), such as green, eco friendly, sustainable, recycled,…
- Use creative messages. For example: “Love the Earth and it will love you back”, or “Refuse to use single use”.
The three most common varieties of eco friendly mailers are kraft, biodegradable, and compostable poly. However, businesses can also use some other recycle poly mailers, such as seaweed packaging, organic-based plastics, etc.
If you’re a company owner, there are no significant drawbacks to switching to environmentally friendly retail packaging. Since more and more shoppers are becoming aware of the impact they have on the environment, eco-friendly packaging is quickly becoming a must-have for successful online businesses. Even if it’s a modest first step, it will make a big change from generation to generation. So, from now on, let’s join hands to protect the environment by using eco friendly mailers.